2023 Wedding Trends Our POP Team Is Loving for This Year
New year, new trends! Our team has been following all the buzz from WIPA, ICA, ILEA and ECCP, reading through publications like Vogue, Party Slate and The Knot and, of course, checking in on the Pinterest trend reports to uncover all the 2023 trends you should know about as a soon-to-be newlywed.
What we do know is things are getting even more glitz, glam and exciting in 2023, and we’re here for it. We can’t wait to hear which trends you’re loving!
Views for Days
The outdoor celebrations that became popular in the COVID era aren’t going anywhere. Natural settings with pristine backdrops are an ideal background for trending décor like natural wood and bold florals.
Want outdoor venues with views of the North Georgia Mountains? We love these:
Wonderful Welcome Parties
Weddings are officially no longer just limited to the ceremony and reception, friends. It’s time to turn the party up! Welcome parties are becoming all the rage as a way to say hello and spend even more time with your beloved guests. These fun festivities are no longer just the purview of destination weddings.
A few fun ideas could be to:
- Host a welcome reception at World of Coca-Cola with a tasting station of all 100 Coca-Cola flavors on tap
- Offer a private dinner and a show at Buckhead Theater
- Gather for local brews and bites at Gate City Brewing Company
For a while, some thought that charcuterie boards were out, replaced by snack boards and butter boards, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. It’s just time to go bigger!
Our POP Grazing Table is a perfect way to embody this trend in the most delicious way possible. We’ll creatively display all the good stuff, including:
- Signature Cheese + Charcuterie Smoked Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Brie, Bleu Cheese, Smoked Gouda, Manchego, Salami, Prosciutto and Capicola served with Fig Preserves, Savannah Honeycomb, Seasonal Berries, Grapes, Dried Fruit, Marcona Almonds, Cornichons, Olives, Breadsticks, Flatbreads, Baguette, Artisan Crackers
Stunningly Icy Adornments
In recent history, a lot of epic items have come back. Claw clips, yoga pants, bucket hats, bike shorts, the list goes on. But these ‘80s and ‘90s comebacks aren’t limited to fashion. We’re excited to share that ice sculptures aren’t just for raw bar displays anymore.
Ice sculptures are back, baby! These icy beauties are the perfect way to add a little class and flair.
Sky High Décor
Décor isn’t just for tables anymore. Hanging décor like floral chandeliers, elegant draping, eclectic lighting installations and more is the new way to totally transform your reception space.
Interactive Eats and Stations
Couples want guests up, mingling and enjoying these days. Plated meals are still great, but stations are an awesome way to cater to dietary restrictions and have more fun with your menus.
- Tandoori Chicken with Crema and Micro Cilantro
- Tempura Cauliflower with Yellow Curry Aioli
- Paneer Tikka with Coriander and Mint Chutney
- Bubbly, of course!
- Oysters on the Half Shell with Toppings Including Vodka Cocktail Sauce, Grapefruit Mignonette, Tabasco, Lemons, Ginger Scallion Pesto and Gourmet Crackers
A party after the party? Yes, please! Speakeasy-style parties are a super chic way to close out the night and spend more time with those you love. Surprise guests with a “VIP Room” that opens for the last hour, or extend the wedding for an hour as an extra treat!
Color and Whimsy
For a while now, wedding color palette trends have swayed to the neutrals. That’s changing this year. Bold color is the name of the game. From custom bars with daring hues to cheerful florals and bridesmaids’ dresses, wherever you can add your favorite colors, do it!
Having a band is always fun. But what about a different kind of live entertainment? Think a live artist who paints the scene of the evening, a live cigar rolling cart or specialty performers like salsa dancers or lion dancers to share cultural traditions and bring everyone to the dance floor for a memorable experience.
Which leads us to our next trend…
Cultural Culinary Delights
People are proud of where they come from. And food is a huge part of our heritage. Many are starting to feature favorite dishes or styles of cuisine from their cultures for the big day. These are just a handful of the cultural delights we offer to add to any Atlanta wedding menu:
- Soy-Garlic Chicken, Kalbi Beef, Turmeric Grilled Tofu and/or Citrus-Ginger Shrimp
- Vegetable Fried Rice (V)
- Steamed White Rice (V)
- Tandoori Chicken with Saffron Aioli, Pickled Pearl Onions (GF)
- Crispy Eggplant Raita with Tamarind Chutney, Chaat Masala (V)
- Lobster Moilee with Coconut Milk, Fenugreek, Heirloom Tomatoes, Chili Oil
What Wedding Trends Will You Set with Proof of the Pudding in 2023?
Which 2023 wedding trends will you make your own this year? Proof of the Pudding’s team is ready to help. Let’s chat about your trend-setting vision and get planning!